Thursday, August 14, 2008

Week 5 Reflection


The fifth class provided another treat for me as it was about editing but this time the scope of focus was on the modification of audio sounds in music. Honestly, the only group people I could think of is musical DJ’s who love to indulge themselves in manipulating high-tech gadgets to create a remix of any songs they could lay their hands on to. They are experts who really know how to create auditory wonders using the sophisticated skills where they have harness from years of continuous training and learning period. The fourth class gave me a glimpse of exciting expectations of what I could do if I mastered such skill. The applications I downloaded to achieve the purpose were FreeAudioEditor, Xilisoft Audio Editor and Audicity

But of course, in any learning situation, there will always be an underlying theory which revolves around it, which was intentionally made to enhance the understanding of why such editing skill is essential. Therefore, we were granted access to several notes which I found was beneficial to the effort of building a basic understanding of how I as future teachers can address problems occurred in the classroom and make critical adjustments for the benefit of all learners during the teaching and learning process.

We were also tasked to answer several questions pertaining to today’s issue and present them to the whole class after a brief period of discussion. Luckily, we worked in groups and managed to seek out relevant resources aside from the ones given to us and present it in front to our friends. The discussion of the fourth class was basically to imbue in depth understanding of what is expected of us as future teachers and how flexible we can be in dealing with unfamiliar situations and coming up with suitable solutions, especially when the need arises. At the end I believed that I have gained more confidence and is more prepared for the challenges ahead!

No comments: