Friday, October 24, 2008

Final blog: Reflection (Part 1)


Initially, my experience of engaging with technology began with the introduction of computer when I was in primary school. During that time, the computer was merely seen to me as a virtually rig where I can play video games and enjoy the fun of doing it. But as time progresses, I began to realize that technology was more than to be used as entertainment purposes only. In the completion of assignments and task, technology has proven itself to be a reliable and almost infinite source of information. This awareness was materialized with the advent of internet and along with other basic software found in the market. The internet provides me with a variety of websites established by techno-savvy and experienced group of people around the world and from there I began to acknowledge that information trading and sharing are actually a universal exchange; a crucial understanding that as a user of technology, my responsibility does not limit to only downloading important information from the internet, but also upload useful ones as a form of contribution so that the idea of symbiosis is present and everyone benefits from process. So in order to fill my part of the bargain, blogging has become my primary source of sharing information regarding my teaching and learning experience as an undergraduate student and also as a future teacher.

The part that I adore about the blog writing assignment was about the reflecting process that I have to be engaged in each time writing a blog. The process made me think very carefully and deeply about the things I have gained throughout each class and how much input has contributed to my overall maturity of thoughts. I believed that I have become a better evaluator of learning situation and that this is a crucial skill for me to adopt when I become a teacher in the future; particularly on judging my pupils learning style and their assumptions towards the idea of making learning a fun and interactive process. Blogging has allowed me to take into consideration the ways on how I could improve my reflections, frankly through consulting my friends and sharing our views about a particular topic learnt. I have also learnt to communicate with people around the world through active participation in online forums. Through TechForum.com for example, I got the chance to interact with countless of techno-savvy people through the cyber world in real time. This is particularly important since I am still a newbie in this vast technologically advanced age. In addition, there was also opportunity to converse with them in real time using application like Yahoo Messanger for example. Though it may seem awkward and made me feel anxious to talk to people from the other side of the world, it was a good way of improving my fluency and accuracy of using the English language purposely. Hence, I learnt a lot from the communication process with wise people and have developed a sense of confidence to use technology for that matter as well.

No comments: