Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week 14th Reflection: Devastated...





There is no lecture today but instead, an examination was held. Frankly saying, not only I, but also the whole 78 people of the cohort were in panic due to the lack of information regarding the topics which could be present in the examination. Previously, we tried many times over to contact the lecturer regarding the topics which we need to put more focus on but as usual, our efforts ended up in vain. She did not answer our assistants call and there were very small chances to meet her in private due to our limited time and also her busy schedule. Therefore, all of us relied on the ADeC system in order to get connected with her online and voice up all our doubts about not only regarding the examination, but moreover about the mind-boggling portfolio assignment. To make things worse and to our dismay, the lecturer did not reply our questions and we really felt like lost as we do not know to whom we should consult our problem...this was undeniably the worst learning experience that we have faced so far... We really thought that our lecturer could at least tell us the reason for her to not even get online with the ADeC system even after Raya holidays were over. Sad to say, she has not been online from week 11 until week 14...

                Being left behind and unguided, I started to question the reason why we were treated in such a bad way. As far as I know, we have done every single assignment given to us and managed to handle them to her without delay. We have done so many things she asked for even though the instructions given to us were many times unclear. So I question myself, ‘’Are we considered bad students after we have followed all her order?’’. Regardless of her reason for behaving in such manner, at the end we are the victims. Due to not being informed about which to focus on, we are actually doing the examination blindfolded. Though the lecturer did say the questions in the examination only required short and simple answers, we were still reluctant to act in the same manner she told us. This is due to the fact that each question in the paper were allocated with 10 marks, hence a short and simple response will not be sufficient to completely assure we get better chances of scoring higher marks. What makes us devastated that while the examination was carried out; we were told to answer the questions in complete assay forms. This announcement undeniably contradicts her prior instruction of us having to only answer the question with short and simple answers... Confused, sad and felt betrayed, I tried my best to keep my emotions at bay and continue to answer the questions as best as I could. I felt so devastated...because we really put our trust and faith towards her previous instruction of how to answer the questions... To make things worse, one of the examination questions like the one about storyboard was unclear and confusing. I was told that a lot of my friends asked her to clarify the misunderstanding. But what I was do not understand is if a lot of people already faced the same problem of not understanding the question, then why won't she make an announcement and rectify the so problem aloud so that everyone's misunderstanding would be cleared in one shot. I believe that this is a better way to solve if not all, a small part of our predicament.

Probably I will be criticized again for writing this blog but I have my reason for doing so. This is because I believe that the reason why we were tasked to write blogs at the first place was due to the fact that we need to reflect on the learning process, what the learning situation was, and become totally honest in voicing out our predicament and problems so that at the end I can remind myself not to repeat the same mistakes. My true intention was never about attacking anyone directly or making false remarks. But I merely state my honest opinion about what really happened during the learning process in the classroom and ALLAH as my witness, I did not lie a single thing about it. I did all this in hopes that there will be improvements in the future; an advice not only for me but also to everyone else because I hold absolute believe that as humans, it is our nature to make mistakes but it is just fair that we learn something from that mistake so history will not repeat itself. Hence, making us adapt to a higher dgree of thought, judgement and maturity. I am merely completing the objectives and purposes of writing the blog assignment.

No comments: