Friday, October 24, 2008

Final Blog: Reflection (Part 3)


The course has taught me a great deal of knowledge about the nature of technology and how to use them particularly in the effort to improve the quality of teaching and learning process. I learnt how to use SMART board applications better than I ever was by integrating soothing music, dynamic animations, and linking the board with interactive online games found in the internet. All of these learning have made me aware of the various methods that I never knew existed. This has also reduce the time needed for me to prepare tedious and complex teaching aids since I can simply utilize the ones I found in the internet with ease like through http://educational-freeware.com/ and http://www.vitaminix.tv/eng/educative.html.

Frankly speaking I did not expect to learn all of these by myself since the lecturer told us to do every learning including the steps, finding websites and completing our tasks and assignments all by ourselves. It is true that this will help us become independent knowledge seeker, but I would also hoped that the lecturer would give us at least some examples and steps on how to acquire knowledge not only from the internet alone but also from other sources as well because in terms of using and developing resources, we should always practice becoming resourcefulness and flexible at all times. To emphasize, if we were to be sent to a remote area for teaching practices, then all the learning in this course would be impossible to be practiced since everything regulates around the use of internet alone. That is why I question the aim of this course, “Are we really using and developing only one form of resource for teaching? Or should there be a more diverse and flexible way to implement the use of resources that are available to use like the simple newspaper or textbook?” This issue arise since I believe as teachers, I have the expectation that we should practice resourcefulness with the things that are around us, and not only confined by the use of latest technologies. Therefore, I regret for not being taught the ways to develop other resources aside from the ones that is computer-based. I expect a more flexible way of learning on how to brilliantly use the things available to us in the classroom as teaching aids since not every school has internet connection or even computers for that matter. My hope is that the lecturer could open her heart and view my suggestions and comments constructively and positively since I feel it is my duty to improve the quality of teachings of mine and others as well.

No comments: